Only a stone’s throw away
- Open September
- Curling every weekday September to March
- Coaching available for beginners and improvers
- All curling equipment supplied free
- Wheelchair curling
- Practice ice available most weeks
- Ice Skating most weekends
- Skating coaching available
- Skates for hire
- Figure skating and ice dance club
- Catering available
- Corporate days by arrangement.
Lockerbie Ice Rink is proud to present the LOCKERBIE OLYMPIC HOMECOMING
The town will welcome back the Great British Men’s and Women’s Curling Teams on 26 April.
A whole day of events is planned:
- Question and Answer session with local young curlers at Lockerbie Ice Rink – 10.30-11.30am
- Procession from the Holy Trinity Church through the town centre to Lockerbie Academy – approx. 12pm start
- Meet and greet the Olympic Curlers at Lockerbie Academy – 1–2pm
- Official Presentation by Dumfries and Galloway Council, Lockerbie Ice Rink and the town of Lockerbie at Lockerbie Academy – 2.30-5.30pm including a buffet for invited guests – for tickets to this event please contact the Annandale Herald, Margaret’s and Lockerbie Ice Rink
- An informal celebration evening at Lockerbie Ice Rink for members of South of Scotland Ice Rink Club – 6.30pm – approx. 8.30pm – tickets are available from Lockerbie Ice Rink
Please note that there is no charge for this event.
For the latest updates check out our Facebook page.
Curling’s Governing Body in Scotland Royal Caledonian Curling Club.
An interesting blog with lots of curling history: The Curling History Blog.
A blog with lots of information and opinions on the latest news from the world of competitive curling: The View From The Hack.
Contact . Tel. 01576 202197